The Five Reiki Principles
The Five Reiki Principles are an expression of an inner attitude, which should applied by a Reiki practitioner to be a pure Reiki channel.
The founder of modern Reiki regarded these rules as a condition to invite happiness and to cure diseases. Therefore, they are not just recommended to Reiki healers but to all people. Because of numerous translations many variations of the rules exist. On the grave stone of DR MIKAO USUI amenities is noted:
1. Just for today, do not be angry
Be aware of what is and do not suppress feelings.
Conscious dealing with feelings resolves tension.
2. Just for today, do not worry
Be ready for change and don´t fear it
3. Just for today, be grateful
Live in the moment and trust
4. Just for today, work hard
Refers to the meditative practice and requires dedication to the inner world
5. Just for today, be kind to others
All people are equal, do not differenciate and always be friendly, also to yourself.
Today we know the importance of careful wording for the subconscious. Negations are counterproductive, affirmation should be formulated positively. We strongly recommend formulations such as these for the Reiki Principles:
1. Just today, I'm glad and happy.
2. Just today, is looked after me.
3. Just today, I am grateful.
4. Just today, I dedicate myself to my inner practice.
5. Just today, I am loving all living beings.
Reiki is one of the oldest methods in human history for the harmonization of body, mind and soul.